IMT Masken und Teilungen AG - Microfluidics on Glass Poster Award
The MicroTAS Conference is pleased to announce the Microfluidics on Glass Award, sponsored by IMT Masken und Teilungen AG of Switzerland, to recognize an individual who has demonstrated exceptional technical advancement and innovation in the field of microfluidics or nanofluidics by using glass in a key aspect of their device. Pioneering research advances in the device design, materials integration, and fabrication often drive new sensing capabilities, expanding the positive impact of nano/microfluidic technologies.
To be relevant to the spirit and intent of this Microfluidics on Glass Award, the advancement considered must address at least one
of the following:
- Use glass as a substrate material for a nano/microfluidic device where the unique optical, electrical, or surface properties of glass provide a profound advantage,
- Demonstrate novel biosensing capabilities,
- Exhibit hybridisation of glass with other materials (composites),
- Establish design for manufacturability with materials and processes that have the potential to be scaled up through transfer to industry.
Finalists and the Awardee will be selected from among the µTAS Poster Presentations by an international jury of respected researchers in the field of µTAS.
Microfluidics on Glass Award Guidelines
The Winner Will Receive
- Nominee must be an author/co-author of an accepted MicroTAS abstract.
- Nominee must be a registered attendee of MicroTAS conference. To nominate, you will need the Abstract/Manuscript Number of the nominee's relevant device.
- Any author submitting an abstract and attending MicroTAS may be nominated.
- The device MUST appear in the final presentation of work at MicroTAS .
- An author of the device must be physically present to receive the award.
- Self-nominations accepted.
- Only one (1) device from each nominee will be considered during deliberations.
Microfluidics on Glass Award Selection Process
- A €2,500 Honorarium
- A commemorative Award Plaque
- Formal recognition at µTAS (MicroTAS)
- IMT is pleased to announce an interest in engaging with and further advancing the Awardee's research, if deemed feasible by both parties.
A pool of Finalists and the Awardee will be selected from among the accepted Poster Presentations by an international jury of respected researchers in the field of µTAS.
If you have questions, please contact Tobias Bauert at firstname.lastname@example.org
MicroTAS 2021 Conference, Palm Springs, USA
DEVELOPMENT OF AN INTEGRATED GLASS-BASED MICROFLUIDIC SYSTEM FOR MASS PRODUCTION OF RNA-LOADED LIPID NANOPARTICLES
Hokkaido University, JAPAN
MicroTAS 2020 Conference, Online
BIOASSAY ARCHITECTURE COMBINING A QUANTITATIVE G6PDH ASSAY AND A MEASUREMENT OF HEMOGLOBIN CONCENTRATION ON A SINGLE CAPILLARY-DRIVEN MICROFLUIDIC CHIP
IBM Research Europe, SWITZERLAND
MicroTAS 2019 Conference, Basel, SWITZERLAND
THE INFLUENCE OF SHEAR ON PROTEIN CRYSTALLIZATION UNDER CONSTANT SHEAR CONDITIONS
MicroTAS 2018 Conference, Kaohsiung, TAIWAN
HIGH-SPEED ON-CHIP MIXING USING ON-DEMAND VORTEX GENERATIONIN MICROSTREAM
Nagoya University, JAPAN
MicroTAS 2017 Conference, Savannah, Georgia, USA
GENERATION OF LABILE HEPATITIS B VIRUS CAPSIDS ASSEMBLED WITH GUANIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE AND OBSERVED BY RESISTIVE-PULSE SENSING
Indiana University, USA